Lyla James, your hair has gotten thicker and it's beginning to darken a little. You still peak out of one eye and grin when we talk to you!
Mary Connor, you love being on your tummy and would prefer to sleep that way. You have started sucking your thumb...Anna Cate is thrilled and thinks it's so cute!
We love you both more every day!
- You weigh 6 lbs 10 oz and you're 19 1/4 inches lomg
You weigh 7lbs. 4 oz. and you too are 19 1/4 inches long.
You are both such sweet babies and add so much love to our family!
Anna Cate and Brian's expressing their feelings about having to wake up "in the dark" for school.
Mary Connor relaxing in her swing...she moves herself to sit like this every time!
Unwinding with Daddy on the zipline after school.
The cute decorations Miss Kathleen made for y'all on Friday...we didn't know we wouldn't be coming home until Saturday, but they were so precious anyway!
You both have changed so much this week! Both of you love your swings and are becoming a little bit more fond of the bouncy seats.
- You have outgrown your preemie diapers and outfits (except for the bubbles) You weight is back up to 6lbs. 8 oz.
- You are a very content baby. You will wake up and just lay quietly observing your surroundings.
You can still wear preemie sizes, but just barely. Your weight is 5lbs 12 oz. I think you must know you are a little smaller because you love to stretch out and make yourself look bigger.
- Your personality is hilarious.... if you are unhappy, you let us know!
Anna Cate and Brian agree they are the most beautiful babies they have ever seen.
Two years ago at my 30th birthday party, I remember having a conversation with a group of friends about what I was going to do in my 30's. The details of the conversation are a little cloudy, but I feel certain I wasn't imagining being here awaiting the arrival of two sweet sisters for Anna Cate and Brian.
1. Parenting By The Book: Biblical Wisdom for Raising Your Child by John Rosemond- my most favorite parenting book
2. The Crosswicks Journal: Two-Part Invention : Book 4 by Madeline L'Engle
3. Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
4. Remember by Karen Kingsbury
5. Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
6. 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter by Vicki Courtney
7. The Sacred Romance by Brent Curtis and John Eldredge
8. Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
9. Stieg Larsson's Trilogy: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest
10. The Blue Camellia by Frances Parkinson Keyes-one of my favorite authors
Anna Cate walked right up, got a number, had her head-shot made, and went to sit with the other children in the front of the theatre without ever looking back. When her number was called, she calmly walked on stage, sang her song, and later read script with a group. I was, of course, so proud of her, but also filled with admiration at her confidence. A few days later, we found out she was cast as a fairy.
Practices started in May...3 times a week for several hours. A huge committment for all involved, ahem, but Anna Cate has really enjoyed it. As "showtime" approaches, her excitement is building and she was thrilled with this picture in our local newspaper.....she has told us all many times that she is famous!
2. The babies are doing very well. Their 35 week ultrasound showed them both to be over 6 lbs (give or take 1lb). My blood pressure is still high and hospitalized bedrest seems to be working since no other symptoms of preeclampsia are showing up....in other words, I'm going to be here for a while.
3. Brian's dog, Jake, got out of the fence last Friday when our landscapers were working, but he was found yesterday! He is Brians puppy and as Brian says, his best friend, so we are so grateful he is home safe and sound.