Home Home Home Home Home

1/18/13

Favorite Soup for Cold Nights

Our family loves soup and we usually have it a couple times per week during our winter months.  Kelly is asking everyone to share their favorite soup recipe, so I thought I would share ours.  I got this recipe many years ago when T and I were first married and I'm pretty sure it was in the Chattanooga Times newspaper...one thing I am really looking foward to with our move is having a great newspaper again!

Tuscan Chicken Stew

1 pound chicken breast cut into 1 inch pcs.
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
14 ounces chicken broth
16 ounces rinsed and drained cannellini beans
7 ounces roasted red bell pepper, drained and chopped
3 1/2 cups torn baby spinach

Toss the cut up chickn with the rosemary, salt, and pepper.  Brown in the oil over medium-high heat.  When browned, add the garlic and saute 1 minute.
Add the chicken, broth, beans and roasted red pepper to the crockpot and cook on low 4-5 hours.  Stir in the spinach and cook on low 30 minutes to 1 hour.

So easy and delicious!

0 comments: