Home Home Home Home Home

3/4/11

Our Families

Today at Kelly's Show Us Your Life the topic is our families.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful people on both sides of our familes.

Todd's parents, Nana and Papa, are wonderful grandparents and love our 4 children beyond all measure.  I love to see their faces light up when their grandchildren are around.


Nana's Birthday Breakfast


My parents, CC and Coach to our children, are so much fun to be with and I feel blessed to have been raised by them. 

My dad was a teacher and football coach and retired this year.  I love that the grandchildren call him "Coach" because it just suits him and the way he lives his life.  He is so humble and giving with his time.  

My mom is amazing.....she is full of energy and willing to drop everything when someone needs her.  She is full of energy and accomplishes more in 24 hours than I do in a week.

Me, my older sister, and CC


Coach in action

I am one of 5 children.  My oldest sister (in the picture above) is one of the most loyal and devoted friends I know I will ever have.  She has seen me at my best, worst, and everything in between and she has loved me through it all.  She also has 4 children close in age to ours and they are crazy about each other!  The bond they have with each other is the sweetest and even though we live a few hours away from each other, they are super close.

I have a younger brother Brian Andrew, who our Brian Andrew is named after,  but he passed away when he was 2 from Haemophilus influenzae type b (hib).  I think about him all the time and my Brian thinks it is so awesome that he has an angel in heaven with his name watching over him. 

My younger sister with AC at her dance recital.

Lauren is one of those people that is always there.  She came and stayed with us the first week the girls came home from the hospital, that is true love.  The picture below is with her sweet husband who drove 4 hours to see us in the hospital and back home all in one night.  They also have a puppy, Sulley, who is their first-born child.  Lauren is a wedding/event planner in the Nashville area and she is fabulous!


Finally, the baby of the family, my youngest brother.  The only boy with 3 older sisters....he is precious. He is a junior in college and is planning to attend law school.  I am amazed by his heart and ambition and am so proud to have him as a brother.

 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

2 comments:

Katie@Yoga Gal said...

Michelle, I enjoyed seeing your family again- it has been so long. :) Coach F. was an institution in school! I am glad that everyone is doing so well. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Katie! He is an institution to us as well!