Spring Break

We kicked off spring break by spending a long weekend in Savannah and Tybee Island.  We had so much fun and weren't ready to come home. 
We left early Friday morning and intended to arrive in Savnnah in the early afternoon, but we had a flat tire and arrived in the early evening instead.  Quite the adventure being on the side of the road with a flat, two 6 year olds, and two 7 month olds.  It was really pretty funny because I refused to let the kids out of the car, so we had to sit very still while the road side assistance guy put the spare on....6 year olds aren't great at being still, you know. 

This picture was at dinner Friday night.  It was 6:30 by the time we got to the restaurant and the babies were beyond tired.  I was holding MC and we ended up wearing my fish taco.  Lesson learned- we ate at 5 every other night.

It was really chilly Saturday morning and the water was about 50 degrees.  AC and B insisted they wanted to get in the ocean.....

Brian pretending he wasn't freezing

We did a safari scavenger hunt around dowtown Savannah.  The kids had to read the clues and find animals in the architecture.  It was so fun and a great way to see everything while keeping their attention.

We stopped at an Irish Festival on the river for lunch. 

Next, we visited the Oatland Island Wildlife Center.  They have plants and animals native to the area and the much to the kids delight, they had alligators in the marsh!  Unfortunately, we had to rush through to make our dinner reservation.

Mary Connor was wiped out after the beach.

Yesterday afternoon we went on a boat ride to see the dolphins.  So much fun! 

Visiting this lighthouse is AC and B's goal on our next trip...we weren't brave enough to try it this time.

We had the best time, but it's good to be home even though I am facing mountains of laundry!


Sam I Am said...

That looks like a wonderful vacation! Your kids are soooo beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thanks!! It was great...

Dakotapam said...

That brought back great memories! We honeymooned on Tybee Island almost 16 years ago!