Home Home Home Home Home

12/1/11

December 1

This week has gone by way too quickly.  I have a to-do list a mile long- sound familiar?-, but that has been put on the back burner because strep is visiting us.
AC came home from school Tuesday with a low fever, which meant she had to miss our town's Christmas parade and she also stayed home from school yesterday.  We enjoyed a day of much glitter, monopoly, playing school, and pondering her profesion when she is an adult.
We sent the boys off to the parade and Brian seemed fine, but last night they both broke out in rashes.  After a quick trip to the Dr's, it's confirmed and they will be home for the remainder of the week.
It's just been a weird week.  With all of the Christmas decorations and festivities comes lots of joy and excitement, yet I have heard from many this week who are facing struggles...sickness, divorce, family problems.  I'm having a hard time processing it all. 
I am loving this season of life..a time to celebrate the birth of Baby Jesus and all of the blessings He has given us, yet I'm weighed down by the lows so may are facing. 

The poor and the hopeless are desperate for water,
their tounges parched and no water to be found.
But I'm there to be found, I'm there for them,
and I, God of Israel, will not leave them thirsty.
Isaiah 41: 17 The Message

0 comments: