Home Home Home Home Home

1/18/11

Tuesday

Today was the  first day back to school after being out all last week and yesterday.  I try very hard to keep our morning chaos to a minimum by planning and preparing ahead, but most mornings chaos is putting it mildly.  Throughout the fall, our neighbor very generously came over in the mornings to stay with the babies while I would take the big kids to school.  Her help was invaluable and we will never be able to repay her for all she has done for us, but because her schedule and ours are a little different now, so she won't be coming in the mornings.  I realized today that her presence made me a lot more mindful of my tone of voice and attitude in the mornings.  Aren't we all a little bit more patient when someone is watching?
I think we were all ready to get back to normal.  I was thankful for some extra time during the day to have lunch with a friend that I don't get to see nearly enough and catch up on the mountain of laundry that seems to multilpy overnight.  Anna Cate and Brian both have activities after school on Tuesday's which means Todd and I tag-team trying to get everyone where they are supposed to be, dinner cooked and consumed, bathed,  homework, papers signed....everyday things that make life hectic ,but so worthwhile.

This weekend we had a chance to clean and bring in the exersaucers for the babies.  They are a big hit.....now I just have to keep AC and B from trying to climb in them!
Happy Tuesday!

0 comments: