Home Home Home Home Home

1/7/11

Snow in the Forecast

Word has it we could get a pretty big winter storm on Sunday.  So, I'm heading to the store to buy milk and bread because who knows when I'll be able to get out again and it will likely be sold out before Sunday! Since we might be busy playing in the snow, I'm trying to plan some easy dinners and it doesn't get any easier than using the crockpot.  This is a great recipe that I got years ago from the Chattanooga newspaper.

Pork Tenderloin with Pears
Serves 6

1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
2 onions, sliced
1 (15 oz) can sliced pears with syrup
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. grated ginger
salt and pepper to taste

Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.  Place pork in the crockpot.  In a bowl, combine the rest of ingredients and pour over pork.  Cook on low 5-6 hours. Serve with rice.


These 2 can't wait to try it!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Perfect timing! I've got pork tenderloin in the fridge, a brand new crockpot from Jenn, and I've been looking for a recipe to break it in... it just so happens I have nearly everything this one calls for in the house already, just have to grab the pears! Can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoy it! We missed seeing you at Christmas...

Annie said...

I know, I was horribly sick around the holidays and am still recovering. I didn't want to get any of you guys sick and was spending most of my time sleeping right after Christmas! I will make sure I get to see your family next time we're all in Nashville!

Kelly said...

just popped by from Kellys Korner and saw you have TWO Sets of twins...that is AMAZING! I was just talking about having twins today on the phone and how in just two pregnancies you have 4 kids! that is so cool and your babies are so good looking. double bonus! lol.
anyway your recipe looks super yummy and congrats on doing it all!

Abramyan Avenue said...

Oh My Goodness!!!This sounds delicious!! I HAVE to try this...it's definitely going down on my recipe card!
-april