Home Home Home Home Home

11/20/11

The Girl's Dedication

This morning at church we dedicated the little girls. 
It was maybe the most lively dedication ever...squirmy 7 year olds, talkative 15 month olds who threw their bonnets, pulled the bow out of their big sister's hair, pulled their big brother's hair, and one who responded to our minister's attempt to hold her with a shaking of the head and "No, no, no, no!"

We selected a life verse for each girl....

Lyla James' is Isaiah 43 1-4: 
Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. 
I've called your name.  You're mine. 
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
it won't be a dead end-
Bcause I am GOD, you're personal God,
The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:
all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That's how much you mean to me!
That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back,
trade the creation just for you.

Mary Connor's is Isaiah 41 8-10:
I pulled you in from all over the world,
called you in from every dark corner of the earth.
Telling you, "You're my servant, serving my side."
I've picked you up, I haven't dropped you.
Don't panic.  I'm with you.
There's no need to fear for I'm you're God.
I'll give you strength, I'll help you.
I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.

After a fun lunch with our dear friends and a long afternoon nap, I think we have recovered!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never heard of choosing a life verse for your child before. What a beautiful thing for a parent to do for their child.

Love the picture, especially the hair pulling. What a long suffering big brother!

Our babies are going to be dedicated the Sunday before Christmas. Hopefully they'll be too young to misbehave!