Home Home Home Home Home

11/4/11

That moment every parent fears...

Today we took a field trip with AC and B's class to Stone Mountain for the Pow-Wow Festival.  It was a lot of fun, and the kids really enjoyed it. 


A few minutes after buying that bow and arrow, I was so thankful I did.
It was really, really crowded which made keeping up with everyone difficult.  While walking through a huge crowd of people, B got seperated from us and turned around.  I couldn't find him.  I looked one way, another mom went another way, and another mom looked another way. 
He was no where. 
I was really starting to panic, which AC picked up on and got really upset.
I found someone who worked there and told them the situation.  He got on the radio and asked me what B was wearing.  As I told him a navy fleece and blue pants, I was looking around at other kids and saw a sea of navy blue.  Then I told the man he was also carrying a bow and arrow.
He led me over to the main office and another woman came out and said they were searching the park.
After what seemed like a hour,but was actually more like 5 to 10 minutes, she said they had a boy who had approached another worker saying he was lost and needed help finding his mom.
We walked in the office and there he was!
I have never been so happy to see someone and burst into tears.  He was perfectly calm and said he knew I would find him. 
Honestly, those 5 to 10 minutes had me shaken for the rest of the day, but I am so proud of him for knowing to approach "an adult in charge", but I'm still recovering from that awful feeling.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Horrific. Glad he was safe. Who would have known a bow and arrow would have assisted in such a way...