Home Home Home Home Home

5/10/11

9 Months

Lyla James and Mary Connor, y'all are 9 months old today!



Lyla James, you weigh 21.4lbs and you are 30 inches long- you are very tall!
You love to play peek a boo and patty cake
You say Da-da, Ma, hi, and Bu (to Brian)
You love playing and splashing in water and are not happy when it's time to get out of the bath.
I'm not sure you could look any more like your Daddy...AC calls you Daddy, Jr.
For the past month, you will not let anyone but me give you a bottle....your determination is amazing.
You love yogurt, avocado, pumpkin and honeydew melon. 
You don't love green beans or potatoes.
When I get you out of the crib, you wrap both arms around my neck and give the biggest hugs....it's one my most favorite times of the day (and sometimes night!)

Mary Connor you weigh 19.5 lbs. and you are 26 3/4 inches long.
You are on the move....crawling and pulling up on everything!
You pull the bumper pads downs in your crib so you can see and when someone opens the door you say hi and flash your big grin!
You love to have your hair brushed, which is good because Anna Cate makes y'all play beauty salon almost every day.

 You say Da-da and hi.
Brian taught you how to growl and pant like a dog and you do both constantly!
You like to eat anything that you can feed yourself...meal times are a little messy but you love everything we give you.

You are a cuddle bug and your smile lights up the room!
 
 
You both make every day so much fun and I love watching you all grow!

As I was taking these pictures this morning, I reached in the toy basket we keep in the living room and pulled out a little frog toy covered in dust. I set it on the table to put it with the big kid's toys and saw that it was breathing and blinking it's little eyes....it was a real frog!
After freaking out and screaming at each other to get it (Todd is terrified of frogs), Todd told me AC was playing with a frog in the yard on Sunday and asked if she keep it for a pet.  Apparently, she brought it inside despite being told no.  Just another exciting morning at the Sparkman's.
I realize the fact that it had been in our toy basket for 2 days and that it was covered in dust doesn't speak very well of my house keeping skills, but you know.......
 
we like to keep it real around here!

3 comments:

Dakotapam said...

I love it! Lyla James has quite an expressive look! And the frog would have made me scream!

Meet the Smiths said...

Happy 9 months to your girls!! The last picture is my favorite! :)

Jennifer said...

Precious and hilarious!!! I miss ya'll! Looking forward to poolside catch up this Summer!!