At the end of the school year, Todd and I decided we would put AC and B in the same class next year. Well, now that the school year is getting closer, we are really struggling with our decision.
1. We want them to work out their competitive issues now, instead of down the road. I really think it's important since they are in a small school and will be in a lot of the same classes when they move to the upper school.
2. Same homework, activities, fieldtrips,etc- I nearly went crazy last year trying to keep up with who had to do what, who needed to take what in, etc.
3. I love working in their classrooms and our school is great about encouraging parental involvement. But trying to be available for 2 different classes is hard, especially with babies at home.
1. We have 2 very different personalities here. One is very strong and the other is ok with letting the strong one be their "voice." We are seeing this change as they get older, but I'm a little afraid this could lead to problems.
2. Tattling on each other- the one year they were in the same class for preschool, this was an issue.
3. This is probably the biggest- When asked, they don't want to be in the same class. And while they are aware that it isn't their decision, I keep going back to this. They are super close, but they do argue and fight. How is that going to play out in a classroom?
That's all I can come up with at the moment. But, I would love to hear from any of you have or are currently dealing with this!