Home Home Home Home Home

9/24/11

A Glorious Adventure

This morning , which start at 3:15 a.m. thanks to a stomach bug that is taking it's sweet time visiting this house, I read this in Jesus Calling:

We will never be in control of your life circumstances, but you can relax and trust in my control.  Instead of striving for a predictable, safe lifestyle, seek to know Me in greater depth and breadth. I long to make your life a glorious adventure, but you must stop clinging to old ways. I am always doing something new with My beloved ones. Be on the lookout for all that I have prepared for you.

And after a week filled with stomach bugs, a first and very painful ear infection, and many, many, many loads of additional dirty laundry I needed the reminder. This thing called motherhood  is indeed a glorious adventure.
Many early morning giggles and snuggles, watching one of my children breeze through their first chapter book and loving it, and most of all- a visit from my parents.  Friday was Grandparent's Day for the 1st grade at our school and it absolutely made AC and B's day to show their CC and Coach their classroom and introduce them to their teacher and friends. 


Plus, we got to celebrate CC's birthday with her and I was reminded of just what I'm striving for:  the patience, excitement, and joy that make up my own mother.

 just ignore the wonky candle- you just never know around here...and for that I am thankful!


1 comments:

Sam I Am said...

you are so correct! Motherhood is an amazing adventure! Thank you the sweet reminder to see the joys and not only the challenges!