Home Home Home Home Home

4/5/11

Updates in the Kitchen

I have wanted to paint these cabinets since we moved in almost 4 years ago.
While they are a pretty wood, I just felt like they were too dark for our small kitchen and made the space seem dark and closed in.  Plus, there was no back splash and I am a messy cook and the walls under the cabinets had taken a beating.
I was a little anxious to get started and didn't take the time to get true before pictures. But if you look beyond these 3 sweet faces, you can see the dark wood cabinets.


We didn't even bother to remove the doors from the cabinets because the hinges don't show from the outside and a little paint on them isn't going to bother me.  We used Behr Paint and Primer in one....love this product and I now use it on everything.  I think we ended up doing about 4 coats of paint and it took us a full weekend.



 So much better...why have we waited almost 4 years to do this???


I love the bead board backsplash.  It was super inexpensive and goes great with our 1920's house.


The breakfast nook doesn't look a lot different, but I painted and moved this rug in from another room.  The jury is still out on how it will do with 4 little one's eating here daily.

beforeAndAfterButton

3 comments:

Katie@Yoga Gal said...

Fabulous! I love white kitchens and it looks great with the built-ins!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I LOVE white kitchens!!! Yours is gorgeous. Everything is so bright and fresh looking. Thanks for the visit, Michelle!

Unknown said...

Thank you both!