Home Home Home Home Home

4/22/11

Staying Organized

....or my attempts to, anyway.  Kelly's topic for this week's Show Us Your Life is about organization.  Here are a few things that work for our family.

I love Mom Agenda!  My favorite product, the wall calendar, is no longer available and I'm still upset about it.  Just like the planners, it had lots of room for writing on the dates and seperate areas for up to 4 children.  A wall calendar seems to work best for us plus I keep a planner for my lists.

LOVE a list.  I make one for every day.  I can't remember anything these days unless it's written down.
I also have a schedule for the week that looks like this:

Monday-
Clean Bathrooms
Water houseplants
Laundry:  Darks and Baby Clothes

Tuesday-
Dust
Change bed linens
Laundry:  Colors, Linens and Towels

Wednesday-
Floors (we have all hardwood and area rugs so it takes a long time)
Recycles and Trash
Iron
Laundry: Kid's uniforms, Whites, and Baby Clothes

Thursday-
Kitchen
Paperwork
Laundry:  Delicates and Darks

Friday-
Glass
Laundry- Towels, Kid's Uniforms, Baby Clothes

Some weeks this goes like clock work, but most weeks some things get pushed to other days or just don't happen.  I'm ok with that as long as the kitchen and bathrooms are clean and the rest of the house is generally picked up.  The laundry is just never ending- anyone relate? Doing a few things each day means I don't spend an entire day doing laundry or cleaning.

I hope each of you have a wonderful Easter with your families.  I am so thankful to be able to celebrate the miracle of Christ with my family!

3 comments:

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Oh wow, how lucky to have been blessed with two sets of twins...you are a super mom! The one singleton I have on the way will probably overwhelm me!

Abramyan Avenue said...

I am SO with you on the laundry never ending. I was so proud of my self last weekend. I finished all the laundry. The next morning I had two huge stack again. My daughter cleaned her closet...sigh...
The first room I clean in the kitchen. I can't stand a dirty kitchen and I can't concentrate on cleaning anything else if my kitchen is dirty. Am I crazy? Lol.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
-April

Unknown said...

No super-mom...just a mess enjoying my blessings!

Glad to know I'm not alone in the laundry battle...